Monday, 10 June 2013

Cheat, Steal and Rob

To all the crooks out there , screw you guys .Don't even start blaming the society or government that it is the reason you got no job opportunities and thus , forced into this lifestyle . We all fight for what we want , it is not handed to us easily . The only difference is, we did not give up and choose the fast way out like you did . Yes ! It is all your choice for the life you are having now .

People's lives are at risk because of the lifestyles of crooks or for some , career  . Every so often I hear cases of houses being robbed , bags of pedestrians being snatched , and cars being stolen. Most victim that got confronted got hurt in the process. I feel so helpless to have to walk the streets fearing for my own safety and always looking over my shoulder . It is just the matter of when it will happen . My right to feel safe has been robbed.

Crooks are getting braver and more creative each day . I once witnessed a lady stealing from a clothing retail store like an 'all you can eat buffet'.Guess what? She looked and was dressed like a supermodel or someone  you just would'nt expect stealing or far from it.


This picture is mainly for graphic purpose .
 She had this elegant long dress on ,carrying a big shoulder bag and just seemed to be browsing and shopping .The next thing I know , she was shoving clothes inside her bag ! I was the only one that noticed it . I was baffled and intrigued at the same time by how casual she was ! It took me a few seconds to process that she was actually stealing . Just as quickly as she shoved the clothes down her bag , she walked out of the shop undetected . She might be doing it out of the rush of it or she is involved in a syndicate I don't know. But what I know is, never ever judge someone by their looks. That's the first thing I learnt about crooks.

 Second is , crime can happen at the most unexpected time and place. Yes, It is not just at night or when you are alone that you are in danger. Nowadays , people get robbed even in broad day light and in crowded places like cyber cafe or restaurants ! They come in nice cars armed with " parangs". What can you do other than surrendering your valuables like sitting ducks ? Well, of course you can choose to fight back if you don't mind getting slashed .

 There are so many crime awareness campaigns and groups like 'Petaling Crime Alert' on Facebook . It is a group created for people to share crime cases to create awareness . What ticks me is, instead of us reporting to make others more alert , what is being done to decrease or prevent crimes instead of us being all defensive ? Nowadays ,just a mention of snatch theft  to anyone on the streets and you will get tons of ideas to "protect" yourselves like walking on the other side of the road , don't carry sling bags , don't wear blings , don't hold your hand phone while walking, carry pepper spray and the list goes on .From what I observed, I personally suggest just stay home, don't step out of the house because if they want to rob you ,they will .

Obviously, the enforcement against criminals have loopholes . Why do we get all this awareness campaigns ? Is it a sign that we are now solely responsible for our safety on the streets ? What is the police force doing? Seems like the crooks are fearless and we are just living in their turf . I feel like a gladiator being thrown into an arena with lions without weapons .  This is not the way I wanna live , fearing for my own safety .

To combat crime , the areas that must be addressed by the respective party should be :-

 1.Corruption/ Bribery - If this is not addressed, criminals can buy their way out of anything  .

 2.Stricter punishment - Imagine if the punishment for robbing is getting your hands chopped off and 20 years in prison . Would'nt that make you think twice before committing a crime?

3. Education - Lastly, of course with education, there is a chance that you can compete in the rat race for a better salary or a better respect for the law and the people . ( Some criminals are very smart people )

That said , I think if the respective party focus more on enforcing these areas, there might actually be a chance to reduce the escalating crime rate in our country.









No comments:

Post a Comment