

I am naturally pulled towards minimalist things because it just gives you more room for your own imagination to fill.
This book is actually targeted towards young children with only 27 pages and each page comes with images like these and with a sentence or two as description.



The story goes about a young monkey named Sari , who woke up 1 day to find that everything is not in order around her . In the end she found out that it was all the doings of the " Invisible alligators" under her bed that comes out only at night to destroy things and make a mess on purpose. Why? So that children can learn to fix things up and come up with solutions to problems.
I personally find the images interesting and the lessons in the book great in the sense that it motivates children to be more independent and indirectly telling children that every problem is a chance to learn and grow.
The part about finding invisible alligators under the bed is a bit disturbing in addition to the fact that she is a monkey.
However, I like how the writer made such fearsome reptiles in real life to rascals with good intentions in this book. Maybe they are just misunderstood creatures after all.
I think this book is the reflection of how society is now. Throughout the whole story , there isn't a single adult to guide the young monkey.
Reading this book, I feel so lonely and stressed out for that monkey. Almost like an orphan with 99 problems in hand . Are children nowadays also feeling this way ? I guess it is true to an extend because a book is supposed to be relatable to its targeted audience right?
Nevertheless , I rate this book a 8/10 for being so relatable and for the interesting visuals.
No comments:
Post a Comment